Table of contents
Style presets allow artists to easily switch between styles and their attributes within Flair. The tool can be opened by clicking on the
STYLE shelf icon.
A style preset contains all the attributes found in the Flair globals node (the node that gets selected when you press the
GLOB shelf icon), together with a small thumbnail of the current view.
You can save as many presets as you want and these can be created at the top of the Style presets window.
- Name the current preset as desired in the “New preset name” text field
Enteror click on the
Savebutton on the right
- A new preset will appear that saved all attribute values of the globals node.
When you save a preset with the same name as an existing one, the previously existing preset will be overwritten.
Presets can be loaded into the current scene at any time.
- Select the preset that you would like to load
- Double click on the preset icon or click on the
Loadbutton at the bottom left
The loading options give you more refined control over the loading process:
- Load world scale - Whether to load the World Scale attribute from the style. By default this is unchecked and the current world scale will be preserved when loading the style.
- Load quality - Whether to load the Quality attribute from the style. If this is unchecked, the current quality setting will be preserved when loading the style.
- Load attributes - Whether to load the main attributes of the style preset. This is on by default, but you can uncheck this option if you want to load only the canvas attributes.
- Load canvases - Whether to load the canvas-related attributes. If this is unchecked, the current canvas attributes will be preserved when loading the style.
Underneath the loading options is a field to filter presets by name, and the drop-down on the right to filter by style. This is especially useful when working with a lot of presets.
Presets can be deleted at any time.
- Select the preset that you would like to delete
- Click on the
Deletebutton at the bottom right
A deleted preset cannot be recovered by undoing changes.
Each style preset is saved under
Flair/maya/presets/styles as a *.json and *.jpg file. Each individual installation will have their own presets, but these can also be shared if Flair is stored in a shared/network folder.
If you or someone else adds/deletes/modifies presets manually within the presets folder, you need to refresh the Style presets window to grab the changes made: click on the
Refresh button at the bottom.