Table of contents
Style presets allow artists to easily switch between styles and their attributes within Flair. The tool can be opened by clicking on the
STYLE shelf icon.
You can save as many presets as you want and these can be created at the top of the Style presets window.
- Name the current preset as desired in the “New preset name” text field
Enteror click on the
Savebutton on the right
- A new preset will appear that saved all attribute values of the globals node.
When you save a preset with the same name as an existing one, the previously existing preset will be overwritten.
Presets can be loaded into the current scene at any time.
- Select the preset that you would like to load
- Double click on the preset icon or click on the
Loadbutton at the bottom left
The loading options give you more refined control over the loading process:
- Load world scale - Whether to load the World Scale attribute from the style. By default this is unchecked and the current world scale will be preserved when loading the style.
- Load quality - Whether to load the Quality attribute from the style. If this is unchecked, the current quality setting will be preserved when loading the style.
- Load attributes - Whether to load the main attributes of the style preset. This is on by default, but you can uncheck this option if you want to load only the canvas attributes.
- Load canvases - Whether to load the canvas-related attributes. If this is unchecked, the current canvas attributes will be preserved when loading the style.
Underneath the loading options is a field to filter presets by name, and the drop-down on the right to filter by style. This is especially useful when working with a lot of presets.
Presets can be deleted at any time.
- Select the preset that you would like to delete
- Click on the
Deletebutton at the bottom right
A deleted preset cannot be recovered by undoing changes.
Each style preset is saved under
Flair/maya/presets/styles as a *.json and *.jpg file. Each individual installation will have their own presets, but these can also be shared if Flair is stored in a shared/network folder.
If you or someone else adds/deletes/modifies presets manually within the presets folder, you need to refresh the Style presets window to grab the changes made: click on the
Refresh button at the bottom.