The Flair shelf contains all tools required to work with Flair, separated into three segments:
While most users will find themselves working with the first segment, it’s important to understand what the remaining two segments are for.
Don’t like working with shelves? The last shelf tool will popup the shelf into its own window.
The art-direction tools can be found in the left side of the shelf, ordered from highest to lowest level of control.
- FLAIR - opens the browser with the Flair documentation.
- STYLE - opens the Style Presets to load/save styles and their parameters [docs].
- GLOB - selects the global node to change style attributes [docs].
- PRES - opens the Material Presets to load/save predefined Flair materials and their parameters [docs].
- MAT - selects the materials of currently selected objects or components.
Double clickrefreshes the Attribute Editor of the material, fixing any issues that might happen.
Right click -> Select objects with materialwill select all objects that share the same material.
- BULK - opens the Bulk Attribute tool. An attribute editor that lets you modify multiple Flair materials at once (in bulk) [docs].
- NFX - opens the NoiseFX tool that lets you control effects procedurally on Flair materials [docs].
- VFX - opens the VertexFX window that lets you paint each effect directly onto your 3D models [docs].
The lighting and testing tools allow to easily create the supported lights within Flair and to troubleshoot if things are not looking quite right.
- Supported lights - shelf icons for the four different supported lights: ambient, directional, point (no shadow maps) and spot light.
- PASS - opens the Pass Inspector, which lets you toggle on/off each style pass and troubleshoot the inner workings of the style itself.
- TEST - creates our favourite sphere with default lighting.
- TBOX - opens the Flair Toolbox, containing useful functions to work with Flair in production [docs].
- FLOAT - opens a floating viewport with a 1280 x 720 resolution.
Right click -> Float viewport 1024 x 540opens a floating viewport with a 1024 x 540 resolution.
Right click -> Float viewport 1920 x 1080opens a floating viewport with a 1920 x 1080 resolution (Full HD).
Right click -> Custom float viewportopens a floating viewport with a custom resolution set through a small dialog.
- RENDR - opens the Viewport Renderer, which quickly allows to save screenshots or playblasts [docs].
- SEQ - opens the Flair Renderer, which allows to render sequences and all different AOVs for production [docs].
- IM/EX - opens the Import/Export tool to import or export .style files [docs]
Right click -> Custom auto-importfunction found in:
Right click -> Custom importfunction found in:
Custom import functions can be overriden depending on the project’s pipeline.
- SUPP. - opens the browser straight to support at the Artineering page.
Opens a popup shelf so that you can always access the Flair tools while using other shelves.